What rail pass do I get?

Me and my partner aren’t sure which pass to get for travel. We want to travel by train and will only be in Tokyo. I tried to read the article about it but got confused and would rather just have a straight answer from someone. thanks

If you’re only in Tokyo, you don’t need a train pass. Just buy a rechargeable Suica or Pasmo card and put a few thousand yen on it. When you leave, you can get a full refund from the ticket machines.

Thank you Greg, where do I get these cards? and I’d assume these are the same as a GoCard? (I’m Australian, a Queenslander)

It’s a contactless travel pass. You can buy them from any ticket vending machine or you can order one online - although they’re so easy to buy so that’s not really necessary.

I will be be coming from the Yokohama port and staying in Tokyo for 5days. I will need to go to Narita airport when leaving. Any suggestions on transportation during this time?

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.