Visiting Tokyo for the first time! Advice for galleries/bars/food for creatives please x

Hi there,

Myself and my friend are visiting Tokyo for the first time this week.
We arrive into Haneda Airport early Thursday morning and are planning to get a Pasmo Card from the airport to travel to our Airbnb in Shibuya.
To do this we are planning on using the Keikyu Airport line, changing at Shinagawa Station to the Yamanote line before arriving at Shibuya.

Please can anyone advise if this is possible using just the Pasmo Card?

We are then going to spend the day exploring Shibuya and Harajuku!

Is there any art galleries/bars/food places that are recommended for two creative professionals in their late 20’s!

Thank you!

Hi guys!
Yes, you can use the passmo on pretty much all public transport (even a lot of taxis) across Tokyo and Japan.

And check out commune 246 Commune Farmers Market | Tokyo Cheapo

Thanks Mr Kirkland!!

Commune 246 looks cool, will defo check it out :slight_smile:

Anything else you recommend?

We probably want to go out for a few drinks on Friday!!

I think most of the decent nightlife is around the Shibuya area (Daikanyama, Ebisu, Aoyama, and Shibuya itself).
In Shibuya, itself Rhythm Cafe, Nonbei Yokocho.
And perhaps Fuglen for a quiet cocktail https://tokyocheapo.com/place/fuglen-tokyo/

Although, I have to come clean - it’s a while since I set foot in a night club, so I’ll leave more details to someone else more qualified. (Perhaps @Lily.Baxter would care to comment?)

We have a post on meeting creative types:

Of course there’s the monthly Tokyo Cheapo meet up - you just missed one, but we’ll probably have another at the end of Feb.

This group on FB sometimes has interesting events.

Hope that helps!

And for daytime activities, try this half day walk:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.