Thanks for this awesome website with so much information shared. Unfortunately as a 1st timer some of the stuff here sounds confusing hence you'd hopefully be able to share your experiences with travelling.
I mostly intend to stick around Tokyo metropolitan area and is staying very nearly Ikebukuro train station. If you could help me on the following:
1) should I get a Pasmo card for city travel or a friend recommended something similar but unlimited daily travel which is only available at Haneda and Narita?
2) outside of Tokyo, I only intend to visit Gotemba Premium Outlets to shop and have a good view of Mount Fuji. Would this be a good idea? Or is there a way to get closer to Mount Fuji from Gotemba Premium Outlets?
3) What's the best way you would suggest to get from Ikebukuro to Gotemba
Premium Outlets? Is it possible by train? It seems that buses goes out in the morning and returns early evening which is inflexible.
4) What's the best way to get from Ikebukuro to Hakone Shrine?
5) It seems from the map that Hakone Shrine is along the same 'Romancecar' line (www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/) and on the way to Gotemba Premium Outlets. Is it possible to stop at Hakone and then proceed on to Gotemba on the same day and is this
6) On a nutshell, please advise which is the most economical way and which ticket/pass to purchase.
Appreciate your help.