Tourist visa after resident visa

Hello,
My resident visa will expire on Oct, 20th. 2024 but I want to stay longer, I have a Canadian passport so I don’t not need to apply for a tourist visa in advance. I am thinking to book a roundtrip ticket to Seoul, leaving Japan on the 20th, for one or two nights and come back as a tourist. Is this doable?

The thing is I am on a designated activity visa. First time i applied for it, I received 6 months term and second time i applied, they extended me for 4 months only. I do not know if I can apply for a third term extension.
Thank you

Yes, you can leave Japan for Seoul and return as a tourist with your Canadian passport. Just keep in mind that immigration might scrutinize your re-entry. It’s a good idea to check with Japanese immigration or a visa expert to avoid any issues.

Thank you for your reply.

immigration might scrutinize your re-entry

that’s exactly my concern. What would they do? just showing me they are not happy about? would it affect me if I come again to Japan as a resident or a tourist?

Immigration might ask detailed questions about your stay and intentions. It could lead to delays or extra scrutiny, but it usually shouldn’t prevent re-entry. However, it might impact future visa applications if they see it as bypassing rules.