Public transit for family/children

I’ll be going to Japan in a little over 2 months for a 2 weeks. I’ll have my 2 kids with me (age 9 and 10). I know that there’s a discounted rate for children for public transit. With the chip shortage, what would be the best recommendation to get this reduced rate without buying an actual paper train/subway ticket for each ride?

I know Tokyo has the Metro Pass for the subways but wanted to figure what’s the most economical way to do things if I had to use combination of the subway and above ground trains and use an IC card with the pass.

Also, is there a limit of Metro passes I can buy and use consecutively? I will be in the Tokyo area for about a week and wanted to see if I could buy 2 3-day passes (covers 6 days) for each person during my time in Tokyo.

I appreciate the help with figuring this out!

Where are you travelling from?

I’m from the USA. Will be starting off in Osaka and make my way east to Tokyo.

There’s a UK based japanese travel company that has lots of Suica Cards in stock you can buy and they will post express to USA. Japan-experience.com

Oh no people must have twigged they have sold out

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.