Made a booking with Eki-Net, have questions

Hi, Everyone!!

I am going on a trip to Japan this November, I am trying something new this time round. EKI NET!!

I am in the process of ordering a JR+Hotel stay with Eki-Net. They have sent me an email with the confirmation code but I have yet to hear from them. I want to clarify on whether I can make online payment or it has to be done physically at a JR Travel bureau. My trip is in Nov and this is kinda the last part that I need to book. So some information from anyone who has done it before is appreciated!!

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Peter,
Have you tried contacting them directly? Eki-net is completely in Japanese, so I’m guessing you must speak/read some Japanese in order to have made your booking. I haven’t used Eki-net to book anything for probably 7 or 8 years (because the system was really difficult to understand) but I can’t imagine they’d sell a package where they don’t direct you straight to a payment page.
Greg

Hi Peter,
Have you tried contacting them directly? Eki-net is completely in Japanese, so I’m guessing you must speak/read some Japanese in order to have made your booking. I haven’t used Eki-net to book anything for probably 7 or 8 years (because the system was really difficult to understand) but I can’t imagine they’d sell a package where they don’t direct you straight to a payment page.
Greg

Hi Greg!!

Yeah I can read the site and understand the instructions well enough. The email they sent me after the booking step said that they will send another email containing the results, I got a confirmation code but no pin which is needed for a cancellation.

□■□■□■□■予約における注意点□■□■□■□■
◆予約結果のメールの送信より3日以内に予約の確定とお支払いを行っていただく必要がございます。
オプショナルプランなど、予約記録ごとに確定操作およびお支払いを行っていただけない場合、予約は自動的に取消しとなりますので、ご注意ください。(自動取消しの際には、メール送信などはされません。)
※コンビニエンスストア支払の場合、予約確定後、原則24時間以内にお支払用の番号をメールにてご連絡させていただきます。
□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

It was a surprise to me that they sent me an email in the first place that contained the link to the booking form. I guess another link to the payment page awaits if the reservation is confirmed.

Yeah, it looks like you’ll receive a link for confirming your booking and completing payment. Payment has to be done within 3 days of receiving the email or your booking will be automatically cancelled.

This is one of the reasons I don’t use Eki-net - because of these weird, byzantine processes for doing something that should be simple.

Hopefully it can be done online… I didn’t know it would be like this
either =(

I know what part is the delay here…

the Shinkansen reservation portion XD

I wonder how early does the schedule get released?

You can only book reserved seats 1 month in advance of travel.