Leaving Japan for Good

Please im seeking an opinion or advice from you guys. I’ll be leaving Japan on 25th July this year due to poor health condition ( anxiety and seeious family matters) now as I have read some comments in different group discussions that before leaving Japan for good, need to pay resident taxes,hoken & pension. Honestly speaking, I’ve never paid Pension for 6 years maybe because I don’t have plans to live here forever and be sent to Homecare as part of pension benefits while for taxes and hoken, I’m paying them. Now since i’ll be leaving soon, will the airport immigration put me on hold departure because of not paying 2023 residence tax? Please urgent response.

They probably won’t stop you at the border, but I’m sure you’ve been told elsewhere that it’s quite irresponsible to skip the country without settling your tax or appointing a representative to take care of it for you.
If you’re struggling with the payment, then you should talk with the city office to make arrangements. If you have special circumstances they will usually make some allowance. Note that you also need to pay your city taxes for 2024 that will fall due in early 2025. This is because you didn’t pay city taxes during your first year in Japan.
You mentioned that you had anxiety issues so if handling this is a bit overwhelming, you could call TELL for practical advice.
Don’t skip your tax though.