Japanse Visa Requirements

Hi there,

I’m wanting to do the F1 Grand Prix in October. I am busy applying for my Japanese Visa (South African). The requirements are quite strict since they updated it in June 2022.

To apply for the Visa I require a transfer from the airport and tour guide for 2/3 of my stay. I also require the tour company to create an itinerary for the duration of my stay.
It is extremely expensive for a private taxi from the airport (Narita) to Tokyo. I would prefer to use the J Rail (train) to get around. Would I be able to purchase the J Rail ticket as use that as proof of my airport transfer?

If someone could advice me on how to proceed that would be great. I am looking for the most cost effective option.

Hi there,
I’m afraid I’m not 100% familiar with the requirements, but they are set to change from September 7th. The requirement for a private guide has been removed. However, you still need an itinerary and you have to go through a travel agent who “takes responsibility” for you.
I’m not sure about the airport transfer, but one thing you might not be aware of is that Suzuka is much closer to Osaka than Tokyo. If your main goal is to see the Grand Prix, then it might be better to fly into Osaka instead.
Greg

Thank you for your response CheapoGreg. I will wait for the update on September 7th to see if the requirements will become more accessible. I’ll do some research on a travel agent that can “take responsibility” for me.

I would most likely spend most of my time in Tokyo. I was going to make Tokyo my base to return to from Suzuka. Is the train ride from Tokyo → Suzuka very long?
Would making Osaka my base be a better logistical decision?

This might help. Nagoya is really easy to get to from Tokyo on the Tokaido Shinkansen. The whole trip from Tokyo Station including the bus should take about 3 1/2 hours.

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.