Is the jr pass worth for my trip?

I plan to travel japan for 24 days.
I begin in tokyo then go to osaka and after to hiroshima after that i plan to go to takayama and after i want to go to kyoto and i flight back from tokyo. i also plan to visit ghibli park and universal studios and go to nara and explore every city i go to.
Im thinking to buy the 21 days jr pass and in the first three days in japan to stay in tokyo and use the jr pass for the last 21 days.
Im still thinking of just buying a regional pass instaned or just paying for evrey thing with suica card/
can anyone help me?
thanks

Hi there,
For that itinerary, the 100,000 yen 21 day JR Pass is very unlikely to be good value. I’m not going to price out all the legs of your trip, because you can do that yourself on Google Maps. However, you would probably have to add stops in Kyushu and Hokkaido to make it worth it.
Note that SUICA is a pre-loaded travel card for commuter trains and buses. You technically can use it for part of the Shinkansen ticket, but you also need a super express ticket to use the Shinkansen. That probably sounds a bit confusing, but what I’m basically saying is it’s not a choice between a commuter travel card and a JR Pass. You use a SUICA for shorter trips like within the city, or Osaka to Nara etc. For the Shinkansen, it’s tickets or a rail pass.
Hope you have a great trip!

The JR Pass could be a good value for your schedule, especially with all these travels between cities. But, if you’re intending to do much time exploring Tokyo at the start and just doing small trips within the city, it might make more sense financially to use regional pass or Suica card for first few days. It’s about how much movement happens every day. Enjoy Japan!