On an upcoming trip to Japan, our last day we will be flying from Hiroshima to Tokyo (Haneda).
I’m confused about how, where and when to book the N’EX train using the JR Pass.
To get from Haneda to Narita i believe we:
- Enter Haneda monorail-station and travel to Hamamatsucho Station (covered by JR Pass)
- Change platforms for the JR Yamanote Line
- Travel to Tokyo Station (covered by JR Pass)
- Change platforms for the Narita Express line
- Travel to Narita station T1 (covered by the JR Pass)
Given that the N’EX requires booked seats, I don’t know at what point in the journey you make the reservation (i.e at Tokyo station? Haneda?).
Do you need to “exit” the station in order to find the booking office?
Any helpful hints would be most appreciated.
PS: time is no problem as our connecting international flight is at least 6 hrs.
PSS: are there any online sites you can “reserve” seats for the N’EX or indeed any of the fast trains?