Aomori Nebuta Matsuri

I have been looking for a reasonable way to attend the last few days of Aomori Nebuta Matsuri In Aug. 23 but have had no luck finding reasonable accommodations for a group of 10 me my wife adult children and grand children any suggestions

That is peak tourist time for Aomori so it’s not surprising that the hotels are full. If you’re mainly interested in the Aomori City festival, then basing yourself at an adjacent Shinkansen station might be a good idea. For example the trip from Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori is only 24 minutes. Shin-Aomori is located in the south of Aomori City so the links to Hirosaki are quite good as well. The last train to Hachinohe is relatively early though, so you’d need to head home at about 9pm. As an aside, I searched some Japanese hotel booking sites for that time and they have no availability either. Often, the accommodation is sold with a packaged tour. Here are a couple of examples. The prices are per person with everything included, but they are not remotely cheap. Even if you can’t read the Japanese, you can see the prices.

Here’s another possible option if you’re a little adventurous. I’ve only found info about it in Japanese, and it may be out of date, but there is a temporary camping ground set up near the Aomori Ferry Terminal which is just a short walk from the festival site.
青森ねぶた祭りサマー(臨時)キャンプ場 – YAMAKAS(ヤマカス) (link in Japanese)

Here’s a YouTube video from 2019. It does look rather rudimentary - definitely not glamping!